Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Death by a thousands cuts

Before "the rant", let me say that I used to be one of those guys who got into "comment wars" on various news and opinion sites. Years back, I thought if I presented my points clearly enough, I could convince a fleeb to change their minds or at least accept a differing opinion.
I have since stopped this foolishness because reason caught up to me and had its dirty way with me and I realized that A) Progressives don't accept differing opinions. You will follow the flock or you'll be attacked by the dogs. B) These chodes live for this crap. They want to get into a comment war so they can try and flex their "intellectual muscle" and show you how stupid you are. Their arguments are often circular, they usually resort to emotional retorts, their understanding of history is Statist driven at best, they have absolutely NO concept of economics beyond "It's hard and boring", and when you narrow down their arguments to everything, it's "More Government", never less.

Talked about this a little in previous posts, but the idea of cuts to the federal governments' spending is, well... flawed. Let me explain.
Progressives (of both parties) keep talking about spending cuts. King Barry I talked over and over again about his $2.5 trillion in cuts he's planning. New budgets being discussed in the cesspool known as Congress are going so far as to talk about $4.6 trillion in cuts. Along with all of this, they talk about the need to "raise revenue" in conjunction with these cuts. Cuts sound great, until you get into the meat of it, then it's like that chicken dish they serve at banquets and weddings. They call it Chicken Cordon Bleu, but when you get into it, you can't tell what the meat is on the outside, what that rolled meat in the inside is and there's some sort of Cheese Whiz leaking out of it that makes you think someone jizzed in this before they plated it. Sorry, that's a disgusting image, but the point is the same.

A) All of these cuts they talk about: These are all "over 10 years". So, break out your calculator, kids, and lets do math if you can't do it in your head (nowadays, it's a toss-up who can and can't). Divide 4.6 trillion by 10. Answer? 460 billion. Very good.
If you didn't get this number, leave. You're too fucking stupid and I've reached my end of dealing with stupid people.
So, their cuts are $460 billion a year. The federal government is overspending by $1.4 trillion ANNUALLY. Let's round things out and say it's $1.46 trillion. Subtract 460 billion from 1.46 trillion and you get... 1 trillion. Good for you. Get yourself a donut.
The federal government is overspending $1 trillion dollars EVERY FUCKING YEAR! So these cuts don't solve anything. It's like taking a cadaver out of the freezer and trying to give it a shot of adrenaline and use a defibrillator to get the heart started again. It's fucking dead!
First, the government assumes that tax receipts will increase because the economy will increase. Last year, didn't happen. So that assumption if out the window.
Second, these cuts are 99.9% of the time to proposed spending. What does that mean? Let's say King Barry I wants to spend $100 million on breath mints for dogs. Members of Congress who are dog owners, or who have manufacturers of breath mints in their states, think this is a marvelous idea. However, they want to be seen as "fiscally conservative", so they put it in a bill as $50 million. They will then come out and say "We cut $50 million dollars from the budget King Barry I put forth." King Barry I cries out about the draconian cuts to his budget. The rank and file in both parties defend their assclowns and the bill for breath mints for dogs goes through at $75 million. Republicans say they saved us $25 million. That shell game is a little tough to follow, but that's D.C. and guess what it all means? We spent $75 million dollars more than we did last year on a program that the federal government has no authority to operate! But hey, they cut $25 million, right?
No, no cuts are made.

B) If by some miracle, an actual cut is made, it's designed to be the most painful possible. We've seen this with "The Sequester".
King Barry I stood out there in front of "police and firefighters" and decried how these "cuts" would effect our safety, education, food safety, and blah blah blah... I won't even touch the fact that the federal government has no businesses funding these services, as they're all local matters. The fucking states have no businesses being involved in funding these (beyond food safety maybe). Even if you look at the one thing that they talk about cutting that the federal government has a Constitutional mandate to fund, that being the military, if we can't cut our funding for that, what the fuck have we become? Instead of closing bases around the world, the Progressives demand that we close bases here. Make it hurt!
But at the same time they're crying about making these cuts of people, they're fucking hiring more people! Out the front door, in the back door. Holy fuck in a bucket... this is insane!

C) Raising revenue=tax increases. And make no mistake, these are all aimed at "The Rich". Today, "The Rich" means anyone who makes over $150,000 a year. That may seem like a lot, but it all depends on where you are. If you're in the Northeast or West Coast, it's middle-class at best. If you're in Appalachia, yup, you're rich.
Iowahawk, via a great presentation by Bill Whittle, does a fabulous job detailing how "getting the rich to pay their fair share" is complete bullshit.

It can't be done people. European countries are devolving into riots because of cuts to Statist programs like government pensions, government healthcare, government education, government assistance, and so on. What happens when it comes to Americas shores? Which it will.
We're so fucking broke and no one wants to face it because it means pain. We live our lives trying to avoid pain at all costs. But the only way this country recovers is through pain. Pain of collapse and subsequent rebuilding or pain of revolution and a new path forward. And on the opposite side of these actions, is uncertainty, because whomever is left "in control" will determine the outcome.

Every morning and every night, I pray to HaShem (G-d to the non-Hebrews out there). In the morning, I pray that with His help, I'll make it through the day. That I won't cause harm to others who haven't harmed me. That I'll help those that I can. That I'll defend those who need me to in whatever way I can. Everything else, it's on me and He can judge me at another date and time for what I did. At night, I give thanks for those who've helped me. I ask that I see the morning. I ask that tomorrow, HaShem will give wisdom to those in our government so that they'll see how badly they're fucking things up. I then apologize to HaShem for swearing at Him and tell Him I understand that it's like that rock He made that He can't lift. He agrees with a laugh and I go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. I don't suffer temper tantrums.